We support every baby, child and young person to fulfil their potential, and help families make the most of every precious moment, while capturing memories and keepsakes to treasure.
We’re here for the whole family, offering comfort and compassion during tough times, providing the highest level of professional care until the end, and support after.
Simply put, we’re here to brighten short lives, and support families, wherever they are.
Our story and history
In 1989, Harry and Gail Moore’s five-year-old daughter, Laura, sadly died after a battle with Leukaemia. She had three years of treatment, including a bone marrow transplant from her twin brother, Kit.
Laura’s favourite thing in the world was a rainbow and her parents wanted to create something special in her memory – which is how Rainbows was born.
Today, we support over 400 babies, children and young people living with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions, here in the East Midlands. As our story continues, you can be part of the next chapter.
Our vision is to create the “Rainbows Experience” wherever you are. Our mission is that across the East Midlands we will:
- transform care for those babies, children and young people who have a life-limiting or life-threatening condition
- relieve the pain and symptoms associated with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions
- support every baby, child and young person to achieve their full potential
- create memories for families to treasure
- provide comfort and compassion at the time of and following the death of a baby, child or young person
Meet our Directors
Our Directors work together with our Trustees to deliver the vision of Rainbows, ensuring we’re able to support children, young people and families when they need us.
Meet our Trustees
Our wonderful Trustees are from a wide range of career backgrounds. Their many skills and expertise help us keep offering the best possible care and support.