Know which specialist you require?
Support by volunteering
Interested in volunteering for us? Get in touch today
- Call our Volunteering Team: 01509638059
Support by fundraising
Are you fundraising for us or have a fundraising idea which you’d like to chat about? Get in touch.
- Call our Fundraising Team: 01509638049
Refer a child or young person
To talk to a member of our team about referring a child or young person, please call us on the number below.
- Call our Care Team: 01509638000
Frequently asked questions
Who uses Rainbows?
We support children and young people (aged 0-25-years-old) who have a confirmed life-limiting or life-threatening condition.
We’re here for the whole family, offering comfort and compassion during tough times, providing the highest level of professional care until the end, and support after.
Simply put, we’re here to brighten short lives, and support families, wherever they are.
How can children and young people be referred?
Children and young people can access Rainbows services if they:
- have a degenerative condition that will lead to their death before or during early adulthood;
- are currently palliative and/or are likely to die within 1 year or their medical team would not be surprised if they died within a year.;
- have a current oncology diagnosis and are receiving active treatment and/or are palliative and/or are likely to die in the next 1 year;
The service is offered to children and young people from birth – 25 years, living within the East Midlands. We are also able to support families antenatally.
Referrals can be made by anyone involved with the child and family, including the family themselves.
Emergency referrals for palliative or end-of-life care can be made at any time. We do everything we can to respond very quickly.
To speak to someone about referring a child, call: 01509 638 000 or download the referral form and return it to us.