Please find the Terms and Conditions for small society raffles held on behalf of Rainbows
Terms and Conditions for small society raffles only
Rainbows Raffles are ran on behalf of Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People, Rainbows Raffles will be operated as a small Society Lottery under the Gambling Act 2005 as amended (“the Act”) and is licensed by The Gambling Commission. The raffle is promoted by the sponsoring organisation/individual and conducted for the benefit of Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People. By entering the raffle participants agree to be bound by these rules.
- “Act” The Gambling Act 2005
- “Draw” The process by which winners are selected
- “Member” An individual who has bought a raffle ticket
- “Rules” The rules of the Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People raffles as set out below and amended from time to time
- “Chance” The entry into the raffle
- “Rainbows” Cope Children’s Trust trading as Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People
- “You” Organisation or Individual who has responsibility for the raffle Entry into the raffle
The raffle is promoted in accordance with the Act, as amended, throughout Great Britain. In order to comply with the Act, during the purchase of raffle chances you will be required to confirm that:
- (a) You will ensure that all Members are at least 16 years of age.
- (b) No raffle chances will be sold by anyone under the age of 16
- (c) You will not allow Members to buy or claim to buy Raffle Chances on behalf of any other person.
If, upon winning any prize in the raffle, Members are not able to prove that they have met the criteria specified in Rules (a) (b) and (c) above then they will not be entitled to receive that prize. In order to comply with the Act, raffle chances that have been purchased and entered into the draw for which they were intended are prohibited from being subsequently refunded.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions for a Rainbows Raffle you agree to be bound by the Rules, and applicable provisions of the Act and any relevant regulations made there under from time to time.
Liability Rainbows shall not be liable to raffle organisers or participants for any loss or damage suffered by you arising from:
- Any failure to enter a member’s Chance into the Draw
- Any event beyond the reasonable control of Rainbows Rainbows shall not be liable to you in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the Rainbows Raffles (including loss of the opportunity to enter the raffle and/or the chance of winning a prize).
Any complaints relating to the raffle should be sent in writing to Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People, giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation.
Rainbows is committed to protecting your privacy.
Data that we collect from you is used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and is used solely for the purpose of processing purchases of Raffle Chances, subsequent entry into the raffle, and informing your members if they have won a prize.
All data relating to raffle participants must be securely disposed of following the draw or returned to Rainbows for disposal.
Rainbows and any raffle host will not sell, rent or grant access to any of the personal data collected about raffle participants to any third parties without their express prior permission. Proper Law and Jurisdiction The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these
Terms and Conditions and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
All correspondence should be sent to the following address: Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People Lark Rise, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 2HS