Social Responsibility in Gambling
Social Responsibility in Gambling – Policy Document
Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People operates a Society Lottery for the general public in the East Midlands and the surrounding area, for the sole purpose of raising funds for Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People.
The Society is committed to ensuring that the lottery is operated in a secure, fair and socially responsible way and to endorsing responsible gambling amongst its members.
The Gambling Commission regulates gambling real money casinos in the public interest. The regulatory framework introduced by the Gambling Act 2005 is based on three licensing objectives:
Preventing gambling from being a source of crime and disorder, being associated with crime and disorder, or being used to support crime.
Pay special attention to sites that offer special UK casino bonuses – including no deposit bonuses – along with tournaments, special promotions and progressive jackpots. Many UK online casinos offer a variety of different bet limits too for players who love high rolling on their favourite games.
Ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way.
Protecting children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by gambling.
This document sets out the Societies policies and approach to ensuring we approach any gambling activities in a socially responsible way. Lottery staff are familiar with this document and read it upon appointment and every six months thereafter.
1. Preventing gambling from being a source of crime and disorder
When an individual joins the lottery we will check that:
- The individual is aged 16 or over
- The individual is resident in Great Britain
- We do not suspect money laundering in any way, in line with the Proceeds of Crime Act
- We also retain the right to cancel any membership should we suspect criminal activity
- We do not accept cash
- We limit the maximum number of entries to £20 per person per week
- We will record any incidents for future reference
2. Ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way.
We will ensure that:
- Players have access to clear information on matters such as the rules of the lottery, the prizes that are available and the chances of winning.
- The rules are fair
- Any advertising and promotional material is clear and not misleading
- The results are made public
- A complaints procedure is in place including an independent arbitration service
3. Protecting children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by gambling.
We will use our best endeavours to address the following issues:
- Under age Gambling. It is illegal for individuals under the age of 16 to enter into a lottery. We reserve the right to ask for proof of age from any customer and customer’s accounts may be suspended until satisfactory proof of age is provided. If for whatever reason, upon winning any individual is unable to prove that they are 16 or over then any winnings will be forfeited.
- Gambling Limits. The Society may impose limits on the value of entries into a lottery that can be purchased by an individual.
- Self-Exclusion. On request, we will close any player’s lottery membership(s) for a minimum period of six months during which time the membership(s) cannot be reinstated. During this period we will also try to ensure that the individual does not try and open a new membership.
All attempted breaches of underage gambling at casinofisher.com and self-exclusions will be recorded.
- Access to Player History. We will provide any player with a full history of their lottery membership, including complete payment and winnings history upon request.
- Provide Information on Gambling Support Organisations. We will provide contact details or links on any lottery websites or via other appropriate media to GamCare and other relevant / appropriate organisations. We also provide financial support to The Responsible Gambling Trust, which raises funds to support research, education and treatment of problem gambling.
- Self Help and Awareness Information. We will provide self-help and awareness information on any lottery websites or other appropriate media together with links to or contact details of GamCare and other relevant / appropriate organisations.
- Staff Training. All relevant staff receive awareness training on problem gambling issues.
Our commitment to our potential and existing members means we actively encourage responsible gambling and in this regard abide by the following statement:-
Whilst the majority of people do gamble within their means, for some gambling can become a problem. It may help you to keep control to remember the following:
- Gambling should be entertaining and not seen as a way of making money
- Avoid chasing losses
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose
- Keep track of the time and amount you spend gambling
If you want to have a break from gambling you can use our self-exclusion option by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address and membership number(s). We will then close your membership(s) for a minimum period of 6 months, during which time it will not be possible for the account(s) to be re- opened for any reason.
If you need to talk to someone about problem gambling then contact GamCare.
We know that customer service is a key factor in determining whether a casino deserves to be labelled Best UK online casino or not. We recommend casinos that have a proven track record of speedy and attentive service, coupled with several layers of support such as email, telephone, and most importantly 24/7 live chat! Keeping you happy, informed and engaged must be the number one priority of any UK casino if it is going to be CasinoTopsOnline approved!
Before making a deposit, remember to check the UK online casino's player policy. Not all casinos accept players from all regions of the world, so it's absolutely vital that the online UK casino you select accepts players in your country.
Otherwise, you may end up in a terrible position of being unable to collect your winnings – that's every gambler's nightmare, really!
UK online casinos are a huge draw for Brits in particular, as the UK's HM Revenue & Customs division does not tax casino winnings, though it's important to note this only applies for UK natives; residents of other regions may face a tax on winnings.
When it comes down to availability of online casinos that accept UK players, there are plenty of them. But the very best casino bonuses for UK-based players can of course only be found at UK-facing online casinos. These online casino usually only accept British residents as players, catering fully to their needs and interests.
Casinos like bCasino, Grosvenor Casino and All British Casino are just three brands that are completely dedicated to the entertainment of British nationals. Not only will you find English speaking customers support representative ready to answer all your queries, but you can also be assured that any legal documents like terms and conditions are written in comprehensive and fluent English.
This gives a sense of security that UK casino bonuses are genuine on this website and the online operator knows what they are talking about.
Bonuses may come in the forms of deposit bonuses, no deposit bonuses or welcome packages. For all these bonuses we have dedicated pages explaining the inner workings of the different bonuses you will encounter at an online casino. Bonus funds will alway be paid out in British pounds (£) and terms and conditions such as minimum deposits and maximum be likewise.
To make you life easier, British casinos will always have the most preferred payment methods by British natives available. Whether you like to use your Visa or Mastercard for your transactions, or an e-wallet like New PayPal online casinos, Skrill or Neteller, these will all be available at the best UK casinos.
Let us know if you have any comments or questions around selecting the best UK online casino for you to play at, we’re happy to help in any way that we can. Contact us now and share your thoughts.
GamCare is a registered charity that provides confidential telephone support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling. GamCare can be contacted on Freephone 0808 8020 133.
Problem Gambling. If you are concerned that gambling may have taken over your (or someone else’s life) then the following questions may help you find out:
- Do you stay away from work, college or school to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
- Have others ever criticised your gambling?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or hobbies?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
The more you answer ‘yes’ to these questions, the more likely you are to have a serious gambling problem. To speak to someone about this contact the GamCare confidential helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit their website www.gamcare.org.uk for further information.