The Rainbows Bake Off
Calling all cake makers and bakers, we've got the perfect competition taking place which we know will tickle your 'fondant fancy'... and we're sure you'll want 'a piece of' the action.
If you add one part of the famous white tent from the Great British Bake Off with two parts of our 25th anniversary celebrations at our Community Open Day, you'll get the Rainbows Bake Off. And we 'knead' you to take part.
Open to all ages, the competition will have THREE categories:
- The show-stopper: Taste doesn't matter here. Instead, it's all about how the cake looks. Can you create a showstopper which will have everyone going "wow"? Please note, these cakes will be sold in the marquee post judging.
- Tastes so sweet: Bring the flavours alive and let the tastebuds tingle, by creating a cake which tastes delicious - no matter how it looks.
- The Children's competiton: Open to those aged 16-years-old and under, the cakes in this competition will be judged both on their looks and how good they taste.
You can enter as many cakes (£3 per cake for adults, £2 per cake for children) as you like into any category, but the same cake cannot be entered into more than one category. So, whether you're a master baker or a novice with the whisk, we're sure there's a category for you... how 'dairying' you want to be is up to you!
In true bake-off style, we'll also have a special panel of special judges. Although we cannot promise Paul Hollywood or Mary Berry, we're super excited to announce that cricket legend and our Patron, Matthew Hoggard, Royal cake maker and our Patron, Fiona Cairns and two very special Rainbows mums; and the winners of each category will walk away with a fantastic Rainbows baking hamper... for all keen cake makers, there's 'muffin' like it!
Entries for the competition open on Thursday 19 September and will close on Saturday 21 September at 10.45am (with judging starting at 11am prompt) - if you'd like to take part, please bring your cake(s) to the hospice. Before entering, please read the Terms and Conditions which can be found below.
Terms and Conditions:
- ALL cakes entered must have a full list of ingredients with them at time of entry
- You can enter as many cakes as you'd like in each category but can only enter a cake in one category only
- The cost to enter is £3 (adults) per cake, £2 (16-years-old and younger) per cake and this must be paid at the time of entering the cake(s)
- Cakes can be entered from 9am Thursday 17 September until midday Saturday 21 September, please bring your cakes to the hospice reception
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of image being used and, if necessary, amended
- There is no cash alternative for the prize nor is the prize transferable
- The competition is run by Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People
- Competition rules are subject to change
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the draw or the prize due to any circumstances that arise beyond our control