Nottinghamshire Children’s Community Nurses
If a child or young person shows clinical signs of deterioration and concerns are raised about their condition then activation to the acute nursing support service can be offered. Care will then be offered 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Landline telephone: 0300 123 3387
Emergency OOH: Bleep number : 07659 507206 (only when activated on end of life)
Paediatric Oncology Outreach Nursing Service
Oncology outreach nursing Service providing ongoing care, education and support to children and young people between 0-18 years diagnosed with cancer and their families.
Landline telephone: 0115 9249924 ext 65805
Mobile telephone: Sam 07812 268205
Mid Notts Childrens Community Nursing Team
Childrens Community nursing service delivering care to complex needs children 0-19yrs also offering nursing at home to any child with a nursing need. Have access to 24/7 end of life care but staff in Mid notts not on rota regularly but able to assist with known children.
Landline telephone: 01623420692
Mobile telephone: 07824451877
Rapid Response Children's Physiotherapy
Rapid response respiratory physiotherapy to reduce hospital admissions secondary to chest infection/facilitate earlier discharge from hospital. Available to children/young people 0-25 years who have:
- Registered with a Nottingham City / Nottinghamshire County GP
- Have severe respiratory deficit
- Have severe neurological disability
- Under the care of an Acute Consultant
Landline telephone: 07713 093370 (8.30am - 4.30pm)
Mobile telephone: 07812 268189 / 07812 269498 (8.30am - 4.30pm)
Out of Hours: 07713 093370 / 07812 268189 / 07812 269498 (Saturday 1 October - 31 March; 8.30am - 4.30pm)
Child Bereavement Team
Based at the Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham.
- Palliative Care Role - facilitating discussions around parallel planning for 0 - 18 year olds, with life limiting and life threatening conditions, specifically around end-of-life care. Providing support for children and young people, their families and also professionals
- Bereavement Support Role - providing bereavement support following the death of a child, whether it was expected or unexpected
Bereavement Facilitator: Jackie Browne
Palliative Care and Bereavement Support Nurse Specialist: Helen Bailie
Landline telephone: 0115 9249924 x 66276
Jackie Browne mobile telephone: 07976 190156
Helen Bailie mobile telephone: 07812 275376
The Butterfly Project
The Butterfly Project provides comprehensive practical and emotional support to children & young people with life limiting illnesses and their families, from diagnosis to bereavement.
The project is funded by the local health authority and can provide a service in the following areas:- City of Nottingham, Gedling, Rushcliffe & Broxtowe.
What they offer:
- Support to individuals in their family homes and within the community.
- Practical help and advice along the child’s/young person’s journey in partnership with a wide range of medical professionals.
- Individual work with the child/young person in respect to hopes, fears, dreams and wishes.
- Emotional support to children/young people and families to explore and express their feelings and make informed choices around ‘end of life care’.
- Opportunities to participate in a variety of activities and have meaningful experiences.
- A range of Family days, activities and events, in response to the needs of the children, young people, their siblings and parents/carers we work with.
- A post bereavement service of two years for bereaved siblings and parents · Sibling support groups and workshops, allowing opportunity to talk about & understand their feelings and to also have some fun.
Office hours: 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
Contact: Kerry Lawson, Specialist Family Support Worker, Barnado's Family Support Services - Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire
Landline telephone: 0115 9255565
Fax Number: 0115 224311
Post: Oban House, 8 Chilwell Road, Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 1EJ