Nottinghamshire Children’s Community Nurses
If a child or young person shows clinical signs of deterioration and concerns are raised about their condition then activation to the acute nursing support service can be offered. Care will then be offered 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Landline telephone: 0300 123 3387
Emergency OOH: Bleep number : 07659 507206 (only when activated on end of life)
Paediatric Oncology Outreach Nursing Service
Oncology outreach nursing Service providing ongoing care, education and support to children and young people between 0-18 years diagnosed with cancer and their families.
Landline telephone: 0115 9249924 ext 65805
Mobile telephone: Sam 07812 268205
Mid Notts Childrens Community Nursing Team
Childrens Community nursing service delivering care to complex needs children 0-19yrs also offering nursing at home to any child with a nursing need. Have access to 24/7 end of life care but staff in Mid notts not on rota regularly but able to assist with known children.
Landline telephone: 01623420692
Mobile telephone: 07824451877
Rapid Response Children's Physiotherapy
Rapid response respiratory physiotherapy to reduce hospital admissions secondary to chest infection/facilitate earlier discharge from hospital. Available to children/young people 0-25 years who have:
- Registered with a Nottingham City / Nottinghamshire County GP
- Have severe respiratory deficit
- Have severe neurological disability
- Under the care of an Acute Consultant
Landline telephone: 07713 093370 (8.30am - 4.30pm)
Mobile telephone: 07812 268189 / 07812 269498 (8.30am - 4.30pm)
Out of Hours: 07713 093370 / 07812 268189 / 07812 269498 (Saturday 1 October - 31 March; 8.30am - 4.30pm)
Child Bereavement Team
Based at the Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham.
- Palliative Care Role - facilitating discussions around parallel planning for 0 - 18 year olds, with life limiting and life threatening conditions, specifically around end-of-life care. Providing support for children and young people, their families and also professionals
- Bereavement Support Role - providing bereavement support following the death of a child, whether it was expected or unexpected
Bereavement Facilitator: Jackie Browne
Palliative Care and Bereavement Support Nurse Specialist: Helen Bailie
Landline telephone: 0115 9249924 x 66276
Jackie Browne mobile telephone: 07976 190156
Helen Bailie mobile telephone: 07812 275376