Have fun and choose a fundraising project that you will enjoy. The best fundraising ideas are the simplest. Be realistic and cost out your event carefully. Keep a checklist so you know what needs to be done at every stage.
Below are some ideas to inspire you, try to mix up the ideas and don’t forget to get as many of your colleagues involved as you can, many hands make light work!
- Auction of Promises – everyone has a hobby or hidden skill – why not sell it to the highest bidder?
- Barbeque – invite your colleagues, friends and family
- Book Sale
- Car Boot or Bring and Buy Sale
- Car Washing
- Coffee/Tea Break to sell cakes and biscuits
- Dress Down Day – go for different themes, ‘wear red’, ‘bad hair’, ‘wrong tie’ or ‘fancy dress’
- Golf Tournament
- Guess the Baby Photo or Hidden Past Competition
- Losing Weight or Giving up Smoking
- Race Night
- Small Change Challenge – ask you colleagues to empty their loose change into a jar at the end of each week/month
- Sports matches involving management vs shop floor. Organise football, cricket or other sporting tournaments
- Swear Box in the Office
- Sweepstake at work on events like the Grand National, Wimbledon, ‘I’m a celebrity…get me out of here’ winner
- Talent Competition