Open Day 2019
Saturday 21 September 2019
10:30 - 15:00
Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People, Loughborough
You're ALL invited to come and celebrate 25 years of care at Rainbows by joining us at our Community Open Day!
Come and celerbrate 25 years if Rainbows, by joining us at our very special Community Open Day on Saturday 21 September!
For the last 25 years we have opened our doors to children and young people in the East Midlands with life-limiting conditions - but this has only been possible because of your support. Now we're opening our doors to you, giving you the chance to see the difference you have made, as we celebrate our 25th year with our always popular Community Open Day.
The FREE event sees us open our doors to the you, our supporters, between 10:30am and 3pm and gives you teh chance to come and see the hospice and the difference your support makes. During the day, you'll also have the opportunity to meet our staff - from the Care Team, Physiotherapists and Music Therapist, through to our Community Fundraisers and Supporter Relations Team. To celebrate our 25th anniversary, this year we're also giving you the opportunity to:
- take a tour of the hospice and experience Rainbows through the eyes of our children, young people and their families - from seeing the wonderful bedrooms, to the ever popular soft-play room, our fantastic multi-sensory room, hydrotherapy pool and more
- see demonstrations of the important work we do and have the opportunity to speak to our amazing care team about the work they do - there may even be the opportunity for you to have a go yourself and to see if you've got what it takes to join the Rainbows team!
- learn about the history of Rainbows - and see how your support is making a difference to hundreds of children, young people and families throughout the East Midlands. For oever the last 25 years we've been providing lots of fun, laughter and most importantly care for our children, young people and families. Come and see some of the activities we've done and the special visitors we've had come through our doors
- enjoy tent talks from staff and families - giving you the opportunity to find out first hand about the amazing work you enable us to do, thanks to your support
- join in The Big Rainbows Bake Off! That's right, we couldn't celebrate our 25th anniversary without lots of cake and this year we're inviting our supporters to get involved in a very special 'Bake-Off' with some special celebrity guest judges. Find out more about the Rainbows Bake Off by clicking the button below
To help make the day extra special for you, there will also be the chance to enjoy a fantastic BBQ, kindly cooked by our supporters - Rapid Relief; shop in our pop-up shop and at the many stalls which will be here; while there will also be a range of family activities to enjoy! Did we mention there will be lots of cake too?! And when we say cake, there will also be the opportunity to get a FREE slice of our birthday cake, being baked by the fantastic Fiona Cairns - who has previously baked Prince Charles' birthday cake!
We’re hoping this year’s event will be even bigger. Make sure you don’t miss out… pop along between 10:30am and 3pm and experience Rainbows like never before!
Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People, Lark Rise, Loughborough, LE11 2HS