Sunday 02 August 2020
9:00 - 17:00
Victoria Embankment, Nottingham
Join us on the waters and be 'buoyed' on by the fantastic support
Please note, this event is organised by a third party to support Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People.
Row, row, row your boat - quickly up the River Trent, as you and your crew mates take to the water in a bid to be crowned Dragon Boat 2020 winners!
Each team competing in the challenge will take part in at least three races along the 200m course. The fastest qualifiers will go through to further heats until an overall winner is crowned.
'Buoyed' on by thousands of spectators who line the river embankment, this event is a 'mast sea' as it promises to be full of fun, laughter (and friendly competition). Don’t worry if you think winning is out of the question – there are also prizes for the fastest ‘Mixed Crew’ (At least 5 female crew members or more), ‘Best Dressed’ (fancy as possible!) and a prize for the ‘Charity Winners’ – the team who raise the most money for Rainbows.
To take part you just need a crew, made up of 10 paddlers and one drummer. That’s all there is to it – all equipment and guidance will be provided for you on the day. If you have lots of interest then you can enter more than one team.
As in previous years there is a tiered fee for entering your team:
- Standard Entry just covers the staffing, equipment, insurance and other event related costs. Rainbows will receive no donation from this – but don’t panic, because we’re on hand to help you become fundraising champions between now and the event. £520 + VAT
- Silver Entry will cover the above, but also includes a £500 donation to Rainbows and also offers the company name/logo printed on one of the Dragon Boats, a presentation team photo and acknowledgment on the website, in the souvenir programme and on the day commentary. £1,580 + VAT
- Gold Entry includes the above, a £750 donation to Rainbows and offers (in addition to Silver) a crew marquee with chairs and a full page advert in the souvenir programme. £2,290 + VAT
If you’d like any more information please get in touch with Kate Golding – firstname.lastname@example.org / 01509 638 008.
Download your entry form and find out more about the event by clicking on the "Book Now" button.
There is a fee to enter your team and there are three levels you can join at.
- Standard Entry – £520 plus VAT. This covers the costs of entering your team into the event and the use of the boats/equipment, insurance, etc. Rainbows do not receive any of this entry fee so any fundraising you can do above it is really appreciated!
- Silver Entry – £1,580 plus VAT. This level of entry gives your company additional exposure as part of the event. Your company name or logo can appear on one of the Dragon Boats, the team photo will feature on Gable’s event website and the company will also be mentioned in the souvenir programme (available on the day) as well as through the live commentary running throughout the event. Rainbows will also receive a £500 donation from each Silver Entry at no cost to the team.
- Gold Entry – £2,290 plus VAT. As per the Silver Entry, but in addition Gold Entry teams receive a full page company advert in the souvenir programme and also have use of a crew marquee with chairs. Rainbows will receive a £750 donation from each Gold Entry at no cost to the team.
To take part you just need a crew, made up of 10 paddlers and one drummer. Your crew members can be made up of anybody over 16 who is comfortable swimming. That’s all there is to it – all equipment and guidance will be provided for you on the day. If you have lots of interest then you can enter more than one team.
Victoria Embankment, Trent Bridge, Nottingham, NG2 2GR