25th Anniversary China Trek
01 September - 09 September 2019
7:00 - 20:00
China Trek, Huairou, China
Experience one of the Seven Wonders of the World and camp overnight, with our special China Trek 2019
Please note, this event is organised by a third party to support Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People.
The Great Wall of China is not only a world icon, but an amazing structure which stretches mile after mile… and we’re giving you a unique experience to trek along it, in our special 25th anniversary challenge.
During the nine day experience, you’ll get to trek along original sections of the wall, restored watchtowers, across open vistas and down narrow overgrown paths as you make your way through valleys and over mountains.
Our special trek also offers you the unique opportunity to camp on the wall itself!
On the final night, when everyone has gone you’ll make your way back to the watchtower and camp overnight (with all camping equipment provided); giving you the chance to witness the silence of the Great Wall of China before seeing an incredible sunrise.
If that wasn’t enough, along with getting to experience one of the Seven Wonders of the World, you’ll also get a tour of the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square.
Trip cost: £2050
Deposit: £350 on booking
Minimum fundraise: £3400 in sponsorship; minimum of £1700 goes to Rainbows. The full fundraising amount needs to be raised by 18 July 2019
As part of the cost of the trip, you'll get...
- International flights London – Beijing – London
- Return airport transfers in Beijing
- Fully qualified English speaking local guides
- 3/4* hotel accommodation in Beijing, twin share, B&B basis (2 nights)
- Basic hotel/farmhouse accommodation on trek (5 nights)
- All meals & drinking water on trek
- Luggage transfer during trek (night stop to night stop)
- All trek and National Park access permits
- Ground transport as per itinerary
- Camping gear for 1 night: twin share tent, roll mat & sleeping bag per person
- Challenge Manual containing everything you need to know
- Full support before and during your trip
- Discounts from UK retailers
Please note you'll need to arrange:
- Travel insurance
- Personal spending
- China tourist visa
By signing up for the event, Rainbows will provide you with:
- Support from our fabulous fundraising team
- A technical top
- Training hints and tips
- An invite to a 'welcome meet and greet event' the rest of your team - each team is only small, giving you the perfect opportunity to make new friends while enjoying a trip of a lifetime.
- Local training walks with your team
Please note there is an age restriction of 18 years old to take part in this event. There may be an option for Under-18s to take part, if they are accompanied by someone aged 18+ years old who will take legal responsibility.
China Trek, Huairou, China,