Updated: 27 July 2021
In line with Government guidelines, and working with the Government's Roadmap, we have carefully created a Rainbows Roadmap which aims to keep our children, young people, families, staff and volunteers safe; while seeing the gradual return of our services which we had previously had to temporarily stop.
At every stage of our Rainbows Roadmap, in order to maintain good practice and help ensure we are adhering to Covid-secure measures.
Further to the Government’s announcement on the final step on their Roadmap going ahead on Monday 19 July, we wanted to take this opportunity to let you know how this affects us all here at Rainbows.
We are taking the same stance as the NHS and other health care organisations - there will be no changes/lifting of restrictions here at the Hospice or for our workforce.
- masks must continue to be worn at all times across all of the building (for all staff, volunteers and visitors)
- PPE is still mandatory in clinical areas and when in direct contact with families
- we must continue to adhere to social distancing guidelines
If you are a Rainbows Family and have any questions, please contact your Family Support worker directly or contact: 01509 638 000
You can also view the latest advice from Rainbows, including the Rainbows Roadmap for when we’ll be looking at reintroducing our services, by visiting our Coronavirus information for parents and carers page.
We continue to limit visitors to the Hospice, to only essential visits. If you are looking to visit the Hospice, we ask that you please contact us in advance (details can be found further down the page).
If you are a Rainbows family, you can find details about visiting via our Coronavirus information for parents and carers page.
Our Fundraising Staff are slowly getting out and about in the community, reintroducing our events and meeting our fantastic supporters. They can also be reached via phone, email and on social media – ensuring we can continue to support you with your amazing fundraising activities (please see the details below).
The planned outdoor Bow Bear Hunt off-site events are still able to go ahead under social distancing guidelines and following Covid safety guidance.
- the wearing of masks is mandatory for our entire workforce – this includes shop staff and volunteers in our shops
- • PPE is mandatory when steaming stock and strongly advised when sorting stock
- protection screens will continue to stay in place in our shops
- changing rooms are being re-opened but will be cleaned every two hours
- all customers will be encouraged to wear masks
Here’s how you can contact us:
Gary Farnfield: Community Fundraiser
Tel: 01509 283 952
Mbl: 07815 520465
Kirsty Coxon: Community Fundraiser
Tel: 01509 638 061
Mbl: 07720 590 868
Jenny Perry: Community Fundraiser
Tel: 01509 638 023
Mbl: 07815 523 645
Corporate Fundraising Team:
Kate Golding: Head of Organisational Giving
Tel: 01509 638 008
Emily Wright: Corporate Partnerships Fundraiser
Tel: 01509 638 033
Hayley Purser: Corporate Partnerships Fundraiser
tel: 01509 283 919
Jennifer Varnam: Lottery and Supporter Engagement Coordinator
Tel: 01509 638 058
For all other queries, please contact our Supporter Care Team on: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01509 638 049
If you would like to make a donation, you can do it online here. or you can call our Supporter Care Fundraiser, Neil Swift, on 01509 638 005
We've started to welcome back our volunteers in the gardens, reception and also in our shops.
In addition to welcoming back volunteers to certain areas of the organisation, we are pleased to announce:
- volunteers can attend / support third party indoor and outdoor events and talks
- kitchen volunteers to be in on set days
- volunteers may be able to return to administration roles in offices (subject to change)
Important – as previously mentioned, our Rainbows Roadmap will continue to be reviewed in line with the government’s plans and local restrictions - therefore it may change. We will continue to keep you updated.
Please click the buttons below to read our Covid-19 Secure documents