Volunteers are vital to our work here at Rainbows and we are always seeking new people to get involved with the many different areas of work here at the hospice and externally in the community.
In addition to helping support Rainbows, volunteering is a great way to meet new people and to gain valuable work experience and build your skills and confidence.
Our incredible team of volunteers supports everything we do at Rainbows from gardening and housekeeping to fundraising and administration. The truth is that we can’t do our work without the help of people like you – and we know that together we can bring more love, smiles and laughter to our children and families.
There are many ways to get involved with volunteering:
Volunteer at the hospice:
- Reception and Administration
- Telephone Marketing
- Housekeeping and maintenance
- Kitchen duties
- IT and database maintenance
- Driving the children
- Assisting with sessions in the hydrotherapy pool
- Become a ‘willing hand’ – people who can help out at short notice with a variety of tasks
Volunteer in your community:
- Fundraising and event support
- Marketing and promoting the charity
- Giving talks in your community
- Recruiting lottery members
- Forming a friends group
- Taking out collecting tins
Or if you have other special skills or interests that you think would help benefit the work of Rainbows, we would love to hear from you.
You do not need to have any special qualifications and we’re flexible about the time that you can give – whether you can offer a regular commitment of a few hours a week or help on a occasional basis – there is something for everyone.
How to apply
1. If you are interested in a volunteering position please contact Paul Holden on 01509 638059 or email firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the type of work you are interested in.
2. Download and complete the Volunteer Application Form and Equal Opportunties Form below
3. Once completed please send to:Paul Holden,
Freepost NAT 13561
Alternatively you can email your forms back to email@example.com
Following your application we may ask you to pop in to the hospice for an informal chat. All applications will be subject to a criminal records check before any position is awarded. Unfortunately we cannot accept applications from those under the age of 16. All volunteers will receive adequate training and will be given the appropriate tools for the job.